- Biden kicks off ‘month of action’ to get more shots into arms before July 4
- Chicago’s Bud Billiken Parade will return this summer
- Boy shot after dad takes him on paintball ‘drive by,’ homeowner fires back with real gun
- Warm high pressure ridge works its way east
- Where is the driest spot in the U.S.?
MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill. — A suspect is in custody Wednesday night after police say he hit a man in a wheelchair with his car in Mount Prospect and fled the scene.
Police say a man was in a wheelchair while crossing Elmhurst Road (Route 83) south of Huntington Commons Road, just before 2 p.m., when he was struck by a black-colored Chevrolet. According to police, the driver did not stop and continued traveling southbound on Elmhurst Road with damage to its front end and windshield.
The pedestrian was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in serious condition.
Witnesses described the car to police, and officers later located the driver in an apartment complex near Elmhurst Road and Oakton Street.
At this time, no citations or charges have been filed. An investigation is ongoing.
LATEST WGN NEWS HEADLINES: